Hey y’all! If you guys saw my Baked Zucchini Crisps recipe, you know I have a new found love for zucchini. Following a low-carb and/or Keto diet can get boring at times. For me, variety has my saving grace! Variety helps me stay on track and helps reduce my cravings for other foods. I found this recipe at ibreatheimhungry.com and it reminds me of cheesy scalloped potatoes. Now, there are very few things in life I take seriously. And potatoes are one of them! I know it’s a bold statement guys but I did not miss the potatoes in this dish at all! I had found this recipe and had it on my to do list for a while before I finally got around to making it. My only regret? Waiting so long! I have now made it several times and can’t get enough of it!
•4 cups thinly sliced raw zucchini
•1 small onion, peeled and sliced thin
•salt and pepper to taste
•1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I used sharp cheddar here)
•2 Tbsp butter
•1/2 tsp garlic powder
•1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F)
2. Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray
3. Place 1/3 of the zucchini and onion slices in the bottom of the pan, overlapping each other then sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1/3 of the cheese
4. Repeat two more times, making three layers, using up all the zucchini, onion and cheese
5. Combine the garlic powder, butter and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl
6. Microwave for one minute or until is butter
7. Stir the melted mixture, then pour over the zucchini layers
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and golden brown on top
9. Serve warm
If still watery after the full cooking time, lower the oven to 350 degrees (F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
You won’t regret making this! So yummy and has that great comfort food feel! Don’t forget to click “follow” so you never miss a post!