This craft was one of the first posts I shared years ago and its still a V-Day fav! I will be honest, Valentine’s Day has never been huge in our house but as our girls have grown, its been fun getting into the spirit! Add in our severe case of winter time blues over here and I am ALL about every fun little thing fun we can do inside! A busy toddler is a happy toddler in our home. Bonus- I already had all the materials on hand yesterday, so #momwin!
All you need for this activity is paper, a paper towel roll and some paint! I usually get these washable paints in red, blue, yellow, black and white then we can easily make any color we need. The link is from Amazon but I usually to scoop them up in store at Walmart. We just mixed some red and white for this project.
All you need:
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls
- Paper plate
All you do:
- Cut your paper towel rolls to your desired length (I cut our in thirds)
- Bend them into a heart shape
- A paper plate is the easiest surface to put your paint on for them to dip from
- Then they can just dip the heart shaped rolls into the paint then stamp their paper
Y’all, she was so proud of the hearts made! These make the sweetest pictures and easy prep and clean up which lets be honest, is a moms dream!